Police beat

Corlear ransacking



1. A 31-year-old woman returned to her 3404 Corlear Ave. home at around 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 1 to find her front door open and belongings scattered all over the floor, police said. 

She reported $450 in cash, a $200 Michael Kors watch, $1,500 Apple laptop, $200 Nintendo Wii game console, $60 Sony iPod dock, social security card and birth certificate missing. 

The case remains open.


2. North Riverdale break-in

Police said a 29-year-old woman returned to 6601 Broadway at around 8:45 p.m. on Oct. 1 to find that someone entered her home through her living room window and stole a $1,800 Apple MacBook, a $300 Michael Kors watch, a $400 Tiffany & Co. ring and earrings set, a $1,000 pearl jewelry set and a $10 Target pillowcase. 

The case remains open.


3. Bailey burglary

A 44-year-old man returned to his apartment, at 3061 Bailey Ave., at around 5:45 a.m. on Saturday as a man was walking out of it, police said. 

The burglar entered the rear bedroom through the fire escape, according to police. The victim reported a $3,600 Stanley Freeze machine he uses in his extermination business, $1,900 in cash and two company checks missing. 

The case remains open.


4. Popped in eye at Popeyes

Police said a 55-year-old man was struck in the face by an unknown man while placing his order at fast food restaurant Popeyes, located at 205 W. 231st St., at around 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 5. 

The man hit the victim after the victim refused to give him a dollar, according to police. The victim reported that he dropped $100 during the scuffle, which the man picked up and left with. 

The case remains open.


5. Close call

A 40-year-old woman returned to her 6629 Broadway home at around 3 p.m. on Sunday to find that someone tried to enter her apartment, police said. 

The victim reported that her mother saw an unknown person on the fire escape outside the window trying to open the door. The person fled down the fire escape and left the premises after an unsuccessful attempt to enter the apartment, according to police. 

The case remains open.