Where did U-Haul off to?


You know that feeling when you’re missing something important? It’s usually something you just had your hands on a few days earlier. Now, where’d it go?

Ah, well, in the case of the U-Haul on West 230th Street, they had a 2012 GMC truck disappear off their lot sometime in the last month, according to police.

Employees last saw the truck with Arizona plates just before 6 p.m. on Aug. 10.

But on Sept. 18, police say the truck was nowhere to be found. U-Haul employees believe the truck was stolen.

Unfortunately, no video of the alleged heist is available.

Police valued the truck at $30,000.


Punchy guy gets time behind bars

Someone didn’t even warn anybody he had violence in mind before taking it out on an officer inside the 50th Precinct.

At a little before 7 p.m., on Sept. 22, an 18-year-old man reportedly walked into the 5-0’s station at 3450 Kingsbridge Ave., and approached a uniformed officer sitting at a desk. It was then he punched him in the face.

The cops arrested the man on the spot. The hurt officer had some pain and redness from the perp’s punch, but otherwise is OK.


How’d you like them apples?

It’s impossible to save money these days, especially when someone spends your money for you.

A 64-year-old woman told authorities she ordered personal checks from Apple Bank earlier in the summer, but they never arrived at her Arlington Avenue home.

When she went to withdraw cash July 31, she found the account empty, police said.

After an investigation, the bank found someone had absconded with her money. They allegedly deposited a check for $1,000 with the victim’s forged signature. Shortly after the check cleared, the perp withdrew the cash.

The case is getting a hard look by the detective squad.


That’s not a hospital bill

A 74-year-old man living on the 4600 block of Henry Hudson Parkway received a notice from Capital One that a check bounced because of insufficient funds.

After asking some questions, the victim reportedly found out somebody intercepted the $36.21 check he’d dropped in the mailbox to cover a bill. They changed the payable party to a hospital, police said, and the amount of the check to $6,200.

Detectives are investigating.


Not the mailman

A resident of Tibbett Avenue’s 3100 block slipped a $1,300 check into the mail on Sept. 1, but police said it never reached its destination.

A slippery character took the letter out of his mailbox, slapped on a new name, and boldly cashed it at TD Bank, according to reports.

The case remains open.